日常工作(2 / 2)

加入书签

charles: sure, so far our actual sales figure is 180% above our forecasted level of sales.the team has further subdivided into smaller teams to concentrate their focus more, which is proved to be a far more effective sales strategy.

查尔斯:当然可以。迄今,我们的实际销售额高出预期水平的180%。该团队进一步细分为各个小组来更好地专注于各自的任务,这已证明是非常有效的销售策略。

steven: but smaller groups often result in more inefficiency.

史蒂文:但是更小的分组往往也会导致效率更低。

charles: that's true. but with constant and tightly controlled overall management, i have managed to keep them together.

查尔斯:是的。但是,凭借连续的和紧密控制的整体管理我成功地使他们在工作方面团结合作。

steven: wow, perfect.

史蒂文:哇,太棒了。

notes

1. commence [k?'mens] v. 开始,着手

2. item ['ait?m] n. 项目;条款

3. pull together 齐心协力,团结起来

4. overfulfil ['?uv?ful'fil] v.超额完成

5. incredible [in'kred?bl] adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

6. forecast ['f?:kɑ:st] v. 预测

7. subdivide ['s?bdi'vaid] v. 细分,再划分,分小类

8. overall ['?uv?r?:l] adj. 全部的,总体的;全面考虑的

小贴士

1. it inspired me to develop my ability of personnel management.

这激发了我培养自己进行人事管理的能力。

2. after finishing the work, we sat down to sum up experience.

做完工作,我们坐下来总结经验。

3. tom, can you give us a summary about your work? what do you get from your work?

汤姆,你能为工作做下总结吗?从工作中你获得了什么呢?

4. were sales and the profit level along the same lines as we have forecasted?

销售量和利润水平与我们预期的持平吗?

5. i begin to plan the work of the next month.

我开始制订下个月的工作计划。

6. we should try to accumulate our experience in order to finish this important task successfully.

我们应该尽力积累经验,以便成功地完成这个重要工作。

7. moreover, i realized teamwork is the key to success.

而且,我意识到团队合作才是成功的关键。

要做工作狂吗

dialogue

sarah and lucy are complaining about their arduous work during the lunch time.

莎拉和露西在午餐时间正在抱怨她们繁重的工作。

sarah: working for four hours at a stretch really makes me tired. why can't we have a break like many other companies?

莎拉:连续工作4小时确实令人疲劳。为什么我们不能像其他公司那样可以休息一下呢?

lucy: we only need a tea break. our boss is really a workaholic. what he thinks of all the time is work and money. nothing else.

露西:我们只是要一个喝茶的时间。我们的老板真是个工作狂,他满脑子想的都是工作和钱,别的什么都没有。

sarah: but we employees need a rest. we must mix work with adequate rest, then we can work with high efficiency.

莎拉:但是我们员工需要休息啊。我们必须劳逸结合才能高效率地工作。

lucy: i can't agree with you any more. actually in some other companies they do gymnastic exercises during the work time. we need relaxation from time to time and only in this way can we work efficiently.

露西:我再赞同不过了。实际上其他公司在工作期间会做广播体操。我们需要不时地去放松一下,只有这样才能更加有效地工作。

sarah: yes, it is. i wish our boss could hear it from us.

莎拉:的确。真希望老板能听到我们的心声。

notes

1. arduous ['ɑ:dju?s] adj. 费力的;辛勤的;险峻的

2. at a stretch 不停地,连续地

3. workaholic [?w?:k?'h?lik] n. 工作狂,闲不下来的人

4. adequate ['?dikwit] adj. 足够的,适当的;能胜任的

5. relaxation [?ri:l?k'sei??n] n. 放松,消遣;松弛

6. from time to time 时而

小贴士

句子翻译:

鲍勃平均每天工作16个小时,他简直就是一个工作狂。

[误] bob works 16 hours a day on average, and he is crazy about his work.

[正] bob works 16 hours a day on average, and he is a workaholic.

crazy 虽然可以作“疯狂的,狂热的”讲,但be crazy about sb. / sth.的意思却是“热衷于……,对……着迷”。而 workaholic 是从 alcoholic(嗜酒者)派生出来的,表示像酗酒者离不开酒精一样地离不开工作,即“工作狂;工作第一的人”。现在人们将 -holic 作为一个后缀,表示“对……上瘾,嗜好……成癖”,并构成了许多新词。比如说:把喜欢吃巧克力的人说成“chocoholic”,把看电视成癖的人说成“teleholic”,把购物狂说成“shopaholic”,把看电影成癖的人说成“movieholic”。

出差忙,忙于上青天

dialogue

steven meets tom in the office. tom is busy with business trip lately.

史蒂文在办公室遇到了汤姆。汤姆最近一直忙于出差。

steven: long time no see. how have you been lately?

史蒂文:很久没见了。最近怎样?

tom: i'm on the road a lot recently.

汤姆:我最近一直在出差。

steven: that's not bad. you get to see other cities. i'd like to take an occasional business trip for a change.

史蒂文:不错啊。你可以参观别的城市。我倒喜欢偶尔出趟差,来点改变。

tom: yeah. and now i also have one more chance to see another city. i have to catch up with the 2:00 p.m. flight to san francisco on business. i'm sure it's with the boss this time.

汤姆:是啊,现在我又有机会去参观城市了,我不得不赶下午两点的航班到旧金山出差。我确定这次是和老板一起的。

steven: nothing is more stressful than going on a business trip with our boss.

史蒂文:和我们老板一起出差让人非常有压力。

tom: last time i went on a business trip with the boss, i didn't even have enough time to eat. business trip is tiring to me. every time i come back, i have to write a detailed report of the business trip.

汤姆:上次我和老板一起出差,我甚至没有时间吃饭。出差对于我来说是苦差事。每次我回来,都不得不写一份详细的出差报告。

steven: in order to earn more money we have to.

史蒂文:为了挣更多的钱我们不得不这样。

notes

1. on the road 在旅途中;到处奔走

2. occasional [?'kei??n?l] adj. 偶然的,不时的;临时的

3. catch up with 赶上;对……产生恶果

小贴士

1. there are still several things that haven't been decided yet for the business trip.

关于出差的事情有些仍没有决定。

2. you don't know how pressed the schedule is for this business trip.

你不知道这次出差行程安排得有多紧张。

3. on this trip i have to visit a very important customer.

这次出差我要拜访一位非常重要的客户。

4. our company is sometimes very cheap with the travel expenses.

我们公司有时在出差费用上非常小气。

5. are you willing to make long-time business trips abroad?

你愿意长期在国外出差吗?

6. my work involves occasional journey.

我的工作使我不得不偶尔出差。

7. he came back from the business trip and submitted his air fare, hotel charge to the treasurer's office.

他出差回来向财务科报销了飞机票和住宿费用。

8. i want to take this chance of business trip to pay a visit to my old friend.

我想利用这次出差机会顺便拜访我的老朋友。

下班了,回家去

dialogue

it's time to get off work. ann comes to ask for sarah whether she will punch out or not.

该下班了,安去过来问莎拉是否要打卡下班。

ann: i think we should call it a day. shall i punch out for you, sarah?

安:我觉得我们要下班休息了。要我给你打卡吗,莎拉?

sarah: ok, thank you.

莎拉:好的,谢谢。

ann: all right. let's go home. according to a swiss study people taking the stairs instead of elevator at work can expect to live longer. why don't we take the stairs?

安:好了,我们走吧。根据瑞士的一项研究,上下班爬楼梯的人比乘电梯的人寿命要长。为什么我们不走楼梯呢?

sarah: good idea. every day we sit for so long in the office without exercise, which is not good for our health.

莎拉:好主意。我们每天在办公室坐很久而不锻炼,这对我们的身体很不好。

ann: right. let's go. when i return from work every day, i would rather walk than take a bus. but i live too far away from our company.

安:是的,我们去爬楼梯吧。我每天下班回家,宁可走路也不愿坐公共汽车。但是我住的地方离公司太远了。

sarah: i ride my bike. i don't live too far away, so it's pretty convenient. it's only about a fifteen-minute ride from my house to the office.

莎拉:我每天骑自行车。我住的不远,所以很方便。从我家到公司只需要骑车15分钟。

ann: i bet it's a good way to keep fit.

安:我敢说那是保持健康的好方法。

sarah: yes, not only a good way to keep in shape, but a good way to relieve pressure as well.

莎拉:是啊,不仅仅是保持身材的好方法,还是减轻压力的好方式。

notes

1. punch out 打卡下班

2. elevator ['eliveit?] n. 电梯

3. would rather do…than do… 宁可做……而不做……

4. keep in shape 保持健康;维持身材

5. commute [k?'mju:t] n. / v. 乘车上下班

小贴士

赖班族

继“上班族”、“月光族”等现代“族群”之后,都市又悄然兴起“赖班族”,而且“赖班”人群呈明显上升趋势。赖班族,指的是people hanging on in their offices after work, 也就是下班后没有回家的欲望只想赖在办公室消磨时间的一群人。在中国,上班族的下班时间一般都在下午5点到6点半之间,但在北京、上海等城市的许多写字楼里,到了晚上还透出片片灯火,这群加班的人中有无奈“被加班”的,有为了避开下班高峰期的交通拥挤而“赖班”的,另外也有一群因孤独不愿回家的。他们更愿意待在办公室和朋友上网聊天,因为这会使他们感觉更舒服自在些。这种赖班族们可以尝试自我减压,多参加一些娱乐活动,以加强和朋友间的交往以及通过家人团聚等方式来拓宽自己的交往圈,从而摆脱种种不良状态。这样可以在上班期间排除所有干扰,制订详细的工作计划来提高工作效率。

↑返回顶部↑

书页/目录