日常工作(1 / 2)

加入书签

第二堂

工作事宜

01 日常工作

莫忘沟通与交流

dialogue

billy fi nds it d fifi cult to communicate wi his new colleague. his colleague and friend steven gives him some advice.

比利觉得他和新同事相处有困难。他的同事兼朋友史蒂文给了他一些建议。

billy: i can't stand the stupid guy any longer.he does everything so mindlessly that he is going to drive me crazy.

比利:我不能再忍受那个蠢货了。他做事总是没脑子,快把我逼疯了。

steven: oh, take it easy, my friend. you're supposed to forgive a green hand like him.

史蒂文:噢,别放心上,朋友。原谅像他那样的新手吧!

billy: i have told him how to revise the report three times, but he still makes the same mistakes.

比利:我已经告诉过他怎样修改那份报表三次了,但他还犯同样的错误。

steven: maybe you should communicate with him just like a friend and be patient.

史蒂文:也许你应该和他像朋友一样沟通一下,要有耐心。

billy: i always find it difficult to get along with my colleagues.

比利:我总是觉得和同事相处起来有点困难。

steven: just take them as your good friends and make sure to keep your temper under control when you are discussing.

史蒂文:把他们当成你的好朋友。你们讨论时,不要发脾气。

billy: maybe you are right. i should discuss with them in a polite way and since we are partners we should help and trust each other.

比利:也许你是对的。我应该礼貌地和他们讨论,既然我们是搭档就应该互相帮助和信任。

steven: all men are equal in the eyes of the god. you have no right to get angry with anybody even if he does something wrong.

史蒂文:在上帝眼里每个人都是平等的。即使别人做错了事,你也无权冲他发火。

billy: thanks for telling me these. i'll try to change my attitude.

比利:谢谢你告诉我这些,我会试着改变我的处事态度的。

notes

1. mindlessly ['maindlisli] adj. 不用脑子地,不费心思地

2. drive sb. crazy 使某人发疯

3. a green hand 新手

4. keep one's temper under control 忍住性子

小贴士:

touch base

to touch base这个习惯用语来自于美国的棒球运动。但是如今它已经不仅仅是一个专业术语,而发展为一个日常用语了。意思是把某一件事的情况告诉有关的人,使大家都知道这件事的进展和计划。

例如:

are you free now? i'd like to touch base with you about how to carry out the plan as soon as possible.

你现在有时间吗?我想和你谈谈怎样尽快实施这份计划。

汇报工作要精心

dialogue

anna is preparing for reporting to the firm on her recent work. she wants her colleague to offer some advice about her report.

安娜正在为向公司汇报工作作准备。她想让同事给她的报告提一些建议。

anna: thanks for listening my presentation,sue. i really don't want it to be a dud.

安娜:谢谢你愿意听听我的报告,苏,我真的不想让公司失望。

sue: don't worry about that. you have a strong sense of humor, so i think your presentation must be lively and interesting.

苏:不必担心。你很有幽默感,所以我觉得你的报告一定会很生动有趣的。

anna: if it is boring and difficult to understand, all my preparation will be for nothing. can you give me some advice about my report?

安娜:如果我的报告枯燥乏味的话,我所有的准备都白费了。你能提一些意见吗?

sue: it seems that you have prepared the report with great care, and your report is very impressive.

苏:看起来你已经很精心地准备了,你的报告确实很棒。

anna: does it need something extra to make it more lively or persuasive?

安娜:需要再加一些东西让我的报告更生动、更有说服力吗?

sue: all you need is to keep confident and full of vitality. so all will be attracted and concentrate on your report. you have finished your report with carefulness and organization. i am sure you will get highly recognition.

苏:你现在需要的就是充满自信和活力。所有人都会被你的报告所吸引并认真听你的报告。你的报告准备得很精心,很有条理。我确信你会得到高度认可的。

anna: thank you for believing me.

安娜:谢谢你这么相信我。

notes

1. dud [d?d] n. 衣服;废物,无用的人或物;失败

2. lively ['laivli] adj. 活泼的;热烈的;逼真的,生动的

3. impressive [im'presiv] adj. 给人深刻印象的;感人的;威严的

4. persuasive [p?'sweisiv] adj. 劝说的;劝诱的;有说服力的

5. vitality [vai't?liti] n. 活力;生命力;效力

小贴士

1. how's the exhibition going?

展览会准备得怎么样了?

2. you must report to your superior on your work regularly.

你必须定期向你的上级汇报工作。

3. i will report to our manager what we are doing at present.

我将向经理汇报我们现在正在进行的工作。

4. and you also need to summarize and report monthly sales situation.

你还需要总结并汇报每月销售情况。

5. can you tell me whom i should report to?

能告诉我该向谁汇报工作吗?

6. could we have your report tomorrow?

你能明天向我们汇报吗?

7. please make an investigation on his debrief.

请按照他的汇报做调查。

8. he always reports back on his work without day.

他总是不定期地汇报工作。

工作会议要专心

dialogue

there's a meeting of the company on discussing how to deal with the falling of the sales.

公司开了一个会议,讨论如何解决销售量下滑的问题。

manager: ok, everybody. we seem to be ready. can we get started? the purpose of this meeting is to discuss why our sales have fallen sharply over the last quarter. here are the graphs and figures for this season's sales.

经理:好了,看来大家都准备好了。我们可以开始了吧?这次会议的目的是讨论一下我们上个季度的销售额为什么会迅速下滑。这是我们上季度的销售图表和数据。

tom: if i remember correctly, sales went down slightly, but not as dramatically as the graph shows.

汤姆:如果我记得没错的话,销售额只是稍有下降,而不是如图表显示的下滑得那么厉害。

manager: you are correct. the sports goods sales decreased slightly, but not dramatically. the one that didn't do so hot last quarter was the daily necessities.

经理:是的。我们的体育用品销售量稍有下降。上个季度销售情况不好的是生活用品。

tom: maybe there was a problem in the product pricing. it seems that market is sensitive to price. our product was marketed at a higher introductory price.

汤姆:也许是产品定价有问题。市场似乎对价格很敏感,我们的产品一开始价格比较高。

manager: so, we should start low? if our customers…

经理:那么我们应该把价格调低吗?如果我们的顾客……

julia (murmuring): look! there comes a beautiful bird outside the window.

朱莉亚(小声说):看!窗户外面有只美丽的小鸟。

manager: get a load of this!

经理:注意听。

notes

1. sharply ['?ɑ:pli] adv. 锐利地;厉害地;猛烈地

2. quarter ['kw?:t?] n. 四分之一;一刻钟;一季

3. graph [gr?f] n. 图表,图解,曲线图

4. dramatically [dr?'m?tikli] adv. 戏剧地;引人注意地

5. daily necessities 生活用品

6. sensitive ['sensitiv] adj. 灵敏的,敏感的;易受伤害的

7. introductory [?intr?'d?kt?ri] adj. 介绍的,引导的;开端的

小贴士

1. hello, everyone. today i want to talk about how to design a good sales strategy.

大家好,今天我想讨论一下怎样设计一个好的销售策略。

2. let's turn to the second issue.

我们接着讨论第二个问题。

3. has anyone got any objection to this decision?

有谁对这个决定持异议吗?

4. is there any other business?

还有别的事吗?

5. i'd be very interested in your comments.

我非常乐意听听你们的看法。

6. what kind of action is required?

我们需要做些什么?

7. i'd like to conclude with one last point.

我想最后再讲一点。

工作总结要全面

dialogue

several branch managers are discussing about a process report from the sales team in the summary meeting.

几个部门经理正在总结会议上讨论销售团队的一份进度报告。

steven: ok, quiet down please. i wish to commence this meeting. first item of the meeting is a progress report from the sales team.

史蒂文:好的,请安静,我希望开始会议。这次会议的第一项议程是销售团队的一份进度报告。

charles: so far things couldn't have gone any better. the team pulls together to overfulfill the sales target. it's incredible.

查理:目前为止进展得非常好。该团队齐心协力超额完成了销售目标。这真是令人难以置信。

steven: really? could you go into details about their progress?

史蒂文:真的吗?你能详细说明他们的进展吗?

↑返回顶部↑

书页/目录